Saturday 21 May 2022

Animal Kingdom (58) Let Me See

Let Me See
**************


The old, old, round- shouldered tree,
This old peepal tree, was, brutally cut,
Branches fell down to cover vast area,
But spared a nearby poor dweller's hut.

I was shocked to see, the death penalty,
Imposed on the Peepal, to beautify the street,
I recollected  childhood days under the tree,
My mates, games, dust, quarrels-all so sweet.


I tried to talk in grief, but  Peepal stopped me ,
"Please stop. ,just wait, let me see and enjoy,
This little pigeon sibling, sitting on my branch,
He is one foot above ground, dancing like toy.

He jumps on the ground, ,goes up, again jumps,
He may be, my tenth generation resident- I see,
 Soon, he will learn to fly, high, high, and high, 
From there, will look at me, will never find me.

I am busy, enjoying this eternal game of nature,
You please come tomorrow, with a lovely wreath,
We will be in grief, in silence, for two minutes,
We both, in silence, will mourn MY death."
******************************************
                                                        =keshav dubey=
                                                             20-5-2022
                                                      keshavdubey.com

                                                         





No comments:

Post a Comment